- 5.2 Copying files from linux and Mac OSX machines with scp
- Linux and Unix cp command tutorial with examples
- How to copy files on Mac OS X | linkveberchetims.gq
- Next, Customize the Terminal
5.2 Copying files from linux and Mac OSX machines with scp
If the destination file does not exist, the mode of the source file is used as modified by the file mode creation mask umask. If the source file has its set-user-ID bit on, that bit is removed unless both the source file and the destination file are owned by the same user. If the source file has its set-group-ID bit on, that bit is removed unless both the source file and the destination file are in the same group and the user is a member of that group.
If both the set-user-ID and set-group-ID bits are set, all of the above conditions must be fulfilled or both bits are removed. Symbolic links are always followed unless the -R flag is set, in which case symbolic links are not followed, by default.
Linux and Unix cp command tutorial with examples
The -H or -L flags in conjunction with the -R flag cause symbolic links to be followed as described above. The -H, -L and -P options are ignored unless the -R option is specified. In addition, these options override each other and the command's actions are determined by the last one specified.
- Using the OS X Terminal instead of the Finder to copy files - CNET.
- Using the OS X Terminal instead of the Finder to copy files.
- macos - How to copy directories in OS X ? - Stack Overflow.
- Linux - How To Copy a Folder [ Command Line Option ] - nixCraft!
- Why bother with the command line?;
- keyboard shortcut paste special mac;
If cp receives a SIGINFO see the status argument for stty 1 signal, the current input and output file and the percentage complete will be written to the standard output. You've decided to leave a comment. That's fantastic! Check out our comment policy here.
Let's have a personal and meaningful conversation. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
How to copy files on Mac OS X | linkveberchetims.gq
Skip to content. Copy a Single File. Is this article useful? Yes No.
Next, Customize the Terminal
The Complete Beginner's Guide to Ubuntu Linux for Beginners. Comments 1.
Facebook Tweet. One comment Steve.
- Mac OS X Lion For Dummies.
- How to Copy Files and Folders in Mac OS X Lion.
- cisco packet tracer for mac mavericks!
- copying folders in terminal.
Jun 28, at am Reply. Leave a Comment Cancel reply Yeah! Contact me by phone only.